Fare play! Bus Éireann to increase frequency on Wicklow’s 133 route
Bus Éireann has revised its Route 133 timetable serving Arklow, Wicklow, Bray and Dublin with an increase in frequencies.
The changes will come into effect from March 22 will reflect current traffic conditions along the busy N11 corridor.
The revised routes are:
- Route 133: Wicklow – Bray – City Centre
- Route133x: Wicklow – City Centre – Dublin Airport
- Route 133b: Wicklow – Bray
- Route 133L: Arklow – Wicklow via Avoca
The alterations to the timetable will include:
- Revised morning and evening peak services with an enhanced range of departure times
- Increased evening frequency with later departures in both directions
- Increased frequency at weekends with an hourly frequency throughout the day
- The majority of services will operate to Dublin city centre (Custom House Quay) while services from Dublin will depart the Connolly Luas stop on Amiens Street.
- Route 133x will provide 3 morning and 3 evening services which will operate via the City Centre to Dublin Airport
- Customers who wish to travel to Dublin Airport throughout the day can continue to travel on Route 133 services to Dublin City and interchange on to our Route 101 service at Talbot St using the same ticket.
Wicklow Sinn Féin TD John Brady has welcomed the changes saying: “The announcement today from Bus Éireann about improvements to the 133 Route has to be welcomed.
“Last November I met with both the National Transport Authority and Bus Éireann and they committed to improving the 133 Route early in the New Year. The announcement today sees the creation of four separate 133 routes serving Wicklow.”