Cool coasts: Wicklow libraries to showcase marine wildlife through Zoom
A live online session workshop will allow patrons of Wicklow County Council libraries to experience the wealth of marine wildlife around our coasts.
These Zoom sessions have been arranged to replace the usual annual opportunity to engage physically with these wonderful creatures, the popular touchpool animals will be making an appearance, giving families a chance to engage remotely with live sea creatures.
The following libraries are hosting an online workshop at these times : Greystones Library on July 23, Ballywaltrim Library July 24, Arklow Library July 28, Blessington Library July 29, Wicklow Library July 30 and Bray Library July 31.
All bookings can be made by registering at https://marinebiologyschool.corsizio.com/
During the live online workshop, people will be introduced to the wealth of marine wildlife that inhabits Wicklow’s beautiful coastline, including mermaids’ purses, seal pups and porpoises.
The workshop includes:
- A qualified, experienced biologist and small group size ensuring the best possible learning experience for your family.
- An engaging lesson on living things in Ireland’s seas and oceans, with emphasis on the Bray area in County Wicklow.
- A chance to see some of our live sea creatures up close on camera, including anemones, crabs and sea snails.
- Participation in our marine conservation and citizen science projects, eg our Purse Search Shark and Ray Eggcase Sightings Scheme.
- Health and safety as a priority; all our team are Garda Vetted and trained according to our Child Protection Policy. We also follow strict protocols in relation to wildlife props, exhibits and animal welfare.
- The Full schedule of all workshops available at: https://marinebiologyschool.corsizio.com/