September 24, 2020
News

COVID-19 UPDATE: Six new confirmed cases of virus in Wicklow, Ireland’s top doctor warns against complacency

The number of coronavirus cases in Wicklow has risen to 643.

It represents an increase of six new confirmed cases of the virus in recent days since the previous county-by-county breakdown of Covid-19 figures.

The Department of Health last night confirmed a further 15 people who had been diagnosed with Covid-19 in the country have died, bringing the overall death toll to 1,467.

An additional 139 cases of the virus have also been diagnosed in the Republic, bringing the number of confirmed cases to 23,135.

Despite the gradual lowering of deaths, Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan said there is cause for concern that some people believe the worst of the coronavirus is behind us.

He said new research showed 43% of people believe that the worst is over. And he warned we could face a challenge every bit as great as the challenge over the last two months if the country gets things wrong at this stage as restrictions are eased.

PHOTO: Stock image 

 

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *