COVID-19: Wicklow residents asked to contact An Garda Siochana by telephone or email rather than going to stations
An Garda Siochana are asking residents of Wicklow to be mindful of the policy of ‘social isolation’ when dealing with members of the force during the ‘Delay’ phase of the COVID-19 pandemic.
While all stations will remain open, Gardai are asking members of the public to consider using either the telephone or internet to contact them rather than presenting in person unless absolutely necessary.
On a post on its Facebook page, An Garda Siochana reminded the public that the following services are available:
- In an emergency, call 999/112 if you or anyone is in immediate danger.
- Non-emergency or general enquiries should be dealt through your local Garda Station by telephone and email.
- Contact details for all Garda stations can be found here.
- In certain circumstances, the theft of property up to a value of €1000 can be reported online here.
- To to renew a passport or apply for a passport card, please use Online Passport Renewal Service.
- Garda Confidential Line – 1800 666 111.
- Traffic Watch – 1890 205 805.
- Crimestoppers Freefone – 1800 250 025.
- Bribery and Corruption Confidential Reporting Line – 1800 40 60 80.
An Garda Siochana added that if none of these services are suitable “we will attend to you as soon as practicable.”