Furious reaction as Gardai confirm 20 mobile homes occupied in Wicklow caravan park
There has been a furious reaction on social media to the confirmation by Gardai that approximately 20 mobile homes in Potters Point caravan park are currently occupied.
The occupants have been told that they must self-isolate until Tuesday, East Coast FM reports.
Potters Point issued a statement today saying that the occupants had been there since mid-March and that this is within Government recommendations.
They go on to say that all facilities, such as tennis and golf, are closed and that no new occupants have arrived since mobile home parks were told to close on March 26.
You can read the full statement here.
Gardai in Wicklow were yesterday investigated reports that Potters Point had opened its gates and allowed access for people with mobile homes there.
A number of locals expressed concern that the facility had been operating as normal.
Gardai said the majority of people in the park have been self-isolating there for three weeks and that it is not operating under normal circumstances.
Meanwhile, Gardai in Baltinglass were called to a gathering of approximately 30 youths in the town park who had lit a fire to sit around.
The mainly teenagers were directed home and Gardaí extinguished the fire.