BREAKING: Micheal Healy-Rae rushed to hospital after being caught in fire at his office
Well-known Kerry politician Michael Healy-Rae is being treated in hospital for suspected smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in his office.
It is believed he is being treated for smoke inhalation after a fire took hold on his property which he uses as his personal office in his home town of Kilgarvan
The building in which the office is housed is also used as the local Post Office, sorting office and local shop.
It’s understood the alarm was raised around 9am.
An ambulance from University Hospital Tralee rushed to the scene as did the local fire services. No one else is reported injured and local gardai are not treating the incident as suspicious.