WATCH: 74-year-old Janet runs 5k per day in her garden for Bray’s Purple House
A 74-year-old has come up with a unique way of raising funds for Bray’s Purple House Cancer Support Centre – running 5k per day around her back garden!
Inspirational Janet Smith, from just over the Wicklow border in Shankill in County Dublin, has set herself the challenge of running two marathons in her garden during the Covid-19 outbreak.
Janet was inspired to take up the challenge as her husband William had prostate Cancer and both Janet and William availed of the services of Purple House.
Members of the public can donate to Janet‘s Garden Marathon here www.idonate.ie/JanetSmith
Janet‘s efforts are helping Purple House to support Cancer patients nationwide in the following ways:
- Telephone Counselling by the Purple House team of Accredited Counsellors & Psychotherapists.
- Hospital Transport for chemotherapy and radiotherapy – to ensure that patients still attend their appointments.
- The Provision of Food Hampers for patients who are isolating. To limit patients visiting supermarkets.
- Our Telephone support line to ensure families living with Cancer are supported during this worrying time.
- Purple House Cancer Support Centre’s services are available by calling 01-2866966 or visit www.purplehouse.ie