What’s the catch? Officers wanted to patrol and protect Wicklow fishery
If anyone is looking for an outdoor job for the next six months, Inland Fisheries Ireland (IFI) are looking for you.
IFI has launched a recruitment campaign for seasonal fisheries officers in Kilcoole, Wicklow and nationwide which will see the successful applicants support the development and maintenance of Ireland’s fisheries resource during the summer period across six districts.
The roles are available on a six-month basis with contracts commencing from May 11 2020 with training provided to all new recruits following interviews April 1 and 2.
The locations for the new positions will be based across the country in the following districts:
- Eastern River Basin District: Kilcoole, County Wicklow; Drogheda, County Louth; Virginia, County Cavan.
- South Eastern River Basin District: Carrick on Suir, County Tipperary; Enniscorthy, County Wexford.
- South Western River Basin District: Kenmare, County Kerry.
- Shannon River Basin District: Listowel, County Kerry; Limerick, County Limerick; Clare; Lough Sheelin, County Cavan.
- Western River Basin District: Galway, County Galway; Ballina, County Mayo; Bangor, County Mayo.
- North Western River Basin District: Letterkenny, County Donegal; Ballyshannon, County Donegal; Clady Crolly, Gweedore, County Donegal; Cavan, County Cavan.
“I am delighted to invite applications for these seasonal positions which will support the ongoing conservation, maintenance and protection of the fisheries resource,” Dr Ciaran Byrne, CEO of Inland Fisheries Ireland said:
“These Fisheries Officers will play a critical role in developing, protecting and conserving Ireland’s precious natural fisheries resource and this additional support on the ground during the busy summer period is vital.”
The closing date for applications is March 16 2020 and applicants should be available for interview on April 1 and 2 – to find out more about the roles and how to apply, visit www.fisheriesireland.ie/careers.