Wicklow wakes up: Council to reopen a raft of facilities tomorrow but Bray’s Cliff Walk to remain closed
Wicklow County Council is to open a raft of facilities from Monday following the relaxation of Covid-19 restrictions across the country – but Bray’s Cliff Walk will remain closed.
Public toilets across Wicklow, including Brittas Bay, Glendalough and Bray promenade, will reopen tomorrow in line with Phase 2 of the Government’s Roadmap for Reopening Society and Business as will a number of playgrounds and outdoor gyms.
While carparks are open, parking restrictions continue to remain at a number of locations.
The Bray to Greystones Cliff Walk as well as the Beach Cliff Walk to Wicklow Head remain closed, including the Glen Turn Car Park serving this location, due to physical distancing concerns.
All of Wicklow County Council’s 13 libraries will reopen for a “Click and Collect” service only due to COVID-19 restrictions.
The official bathing season began on June 1 as did lifeguard patrols.
Beaches patrolled this year are Bray (North and South Prom), Greystones (South Beach); Wicklow Harbour, Brittas Bay (North and South) and Arklow South Beach.
Patrols will be in operation from 11am to 7pm each day through to the end of August.
Irish Water and Wicklow County Council are asking the public, both householders and businesses, to help in maintaining vital water and wastewater services by conserving water, where possible.
In particular, non-domestic customers are asked to turn off all non-essential water in buildings which are not going to be in use for a period of time, including, for example, the automatic flushing of urinals.
Domestic users are asked to refrain from using hose pipes for watering gardens/ washing cars etc. Irish Water is also appealing to the public to check for and report leaks to 1850 278 278.
The Council urges people to adhere to the advice of the HSE.
Public Car Parks reopened
- Upper car park at Glendalough
- South Beach car park, Mill Road, Greystones
- Park and Ride, Woodlands Avenue, Greystones
- Trafalgar Road, car park, Greystones
- La Touche Road car park, Greystones
- Harbour/Marina public car park, Greystones
- Bray Head car park
- Brittas Bay car parks north and south
- Sugar loaf car park
- Seaview Avenue car park, Arklow
- South Beach car park Arklow
- The Cove car park Arklow
- Knockieran and Baltyboys car parks Blessington
- Bray Harbour
Parking restrictions will be in place at:
- Bellevue Hill, at Kindlestown Woods entrance, Greystones
- Sea Road, Kilcoole, at Kilcoole train station
- Sea Road, Newcastle, at the beach railway level crossing access
- Magheramore Beach Wicklow
- Sallygap Wicklow
Recreational and other facilities remain closed:
- All Wicklow County Council playgrounds
- Outdoor gyms
- Glen Beach Cliff Walk to Wicklow Head
- Glen Turn Car Park
- Dr. Ryan Park, Kindlestown, Greystones
- The Cliff Walk from Bray to Greystones/Greystones to Bray